Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yuna, "2NE1 divides Malaysian Best New Bands Vote"!

Folk pop singer songwriter Yuna might be a sensitive soul, but she’s also a clear headed realist. In a recent interview, we asked the singer who she thought would win the Best New Bands competition and she pointed to 2NE1.

Unlike Ghostpoet and La Vida Bohemé, it’s not that she’s being self-deprecating. She just knows how popular 2NE1 is in Malaysia. Her fans are voting for her, she explained, but they’re also voting for 2NE1:

"I have a feeling the Korean group, 2NE1 is going to win it. They have a huge fan base, it’s crazy. Even in Malaysia! I still get tweets from people saying, “Oh, I’m going to vote for Yuna, but I am also going to vote for 2NE1.K-pop is really huge in Malaysia."

Yuna wins the Malaysian version of Grammys, had her album for sale in Malaysian 7-11s, and has her own horde of fans, so that’s saying something.

2NE1 may be the favorite to win, but there are a few other names in the race that got Yuna’s attention:

"I came across Skrillex, I heard it before. It was kind of cool to be on the same list as Skrillex! Wow! He will probably win it. I am really curious about the guy and girl duo, Angus and Julia Stone. Out of all the finalists, I would find out more about them."

Get voting fans! How to vote? Click here. 
Source: MTV Iggy

No comments:

Post a Comment