Friday, January 20, 2017

CL Reveals that “Goodbye” is a Song Written for Minzy

It was a letter written in tears. CL cried as she writes the lyrics of 2NE1’s last song. It was a letter for Minzy who left the group last year and a message for the fans.

2NE1 announced the new song,  “GOODBYE” on the 21st, greeting the fans with their last farewell. ‘Goodbye‘ is the group’s last song and a song of farewell for the fans after 2NE1 was declared to have been disbanded in November last year. It is a song of comfort for the fans who regrets the dissolution of the group.

Wondering the feelings of how the song was written, Ilgan Sports made a difficult phone call to CL on the 21st to unveil and listen to the affection for 2NE1 for the last 7 years. CL expressed her hopes that 2NE1 will be back one day, maybe in 20 years, a tenor of sadness felt in her voice.

– How have you been?
“I was delighted to finish a small but successful tour of North America last year.

– Introduce the last song of 2NE1
“Actually, I was not able to say goodbye when the article was dismissed last year, and I was sorry to end it, but President Yang gave me a chance to say hello to my fans.

– How did you announce it?
“It was a song I wrote in the past when Minzy left YG and was preparing for the 3rd album, and it was like a letter to Minzy at that time.

– How long did it take to fix it.
“It did not take long because I believe, that my style includes creating and doing things quickly.”

– It seems that 2NE1, who had been working for 7 years, had been disbanded, how did you feel
“It’s been a long time since I’ve known the members, and I’ve made a lot of memories, I’ve done a lot of work together, I’m going to miss it and I’m going to miss it. I wish I could get along on my own. “
I am sorry that I did not have an album that three people worked on.
“I feel sorry for all of the members.

– How far did you work?
“It was all ready, but the song that went to the recording was” Goodbye. “

– Music video also showed early 2NE1 photos.
“I spent a lot of time with ‘2NE1, and I thought I had lots of memories.'”

Did you cry when you heard about the disbandment?
It may not make sense, but it hasn’t sink in yet. I didn’t see it coming for a long time.”

– How did 2NE1 decide to disband?
The album was to be released by the three remaining members after Minzy left the company. Our boss stopped the solo album for a while and then prepared for it. (accurate translation needed for this part)

– You uploaded 2NE1 complete photos to your  SNS a week ago.
“I took a photo before, taken during our last rehearsal for MAMA 2015 and found it in my photo album which and have the photo uploaded. A week before the last song of 2NE1 will be released, I wanted to share the photo to my fans”.

– What score do you anticipate for ‘Goodbye’.
“It’s good to have good grades, but it’s a genuine song, so it would be nice if it was passed on to someone. It’s more like a letter.”

–  When did you decide to write the lyrics of the song, A ‘Goodbye’
“When I came back to Korea to prepare for 2NE1 after a long time, I listened to this song, then lyrics came to me just by hearing the song, that’s when I cried.

Source: YGUnited

No comments:

Post a Comment