Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What Sandara Park craves for.. Giselle Sanchez Interview with 2NE1!

MANILA, Philippines -- Members of the local media peaked to almost a hundred at Hotel Intercon for 2NE1’s press conference prior to the group’s Araneta concert, Saturday. Only four members of the local press were allowed a one-on-one interview.

Gossip Girl was fortunately one of them.

The three others were Korina Sanchez, who opted to interview Sandara Park solely, Iya Villania for “ASAP” and DJ Janine for Myx. 

I asked Sandara privately if it was true she told YG Entertainment to tell her Manila producers that she wanted to go out with her friends to eat in Jollibee and Gerry’s Grill after her concert. She told me it was true because she was really craving for Filipino food especially sinigang. It was so comforting that Dara was trying her best to speak in Tagalog whenever she was asked questions.

Following is our intimate chat with former teeny-bopper turned It girl and the rest of her bandmates:

Gossip Girl Gisele: Are you very much excited to be here in Manila?

Sandara: Oo, kasi miss ko na friends ko at pagkain dito.

CL: Yes. Sandara told us how beautiful the Philippines is and how great your food is.

Giselle: Speaking of food, I heard Bom likes to eat a lot of corn. Aren’t you afraid of farting after eating so much corn? (Laughter is heard all over the room after my question.)

Bom: (Laughing) Wait, you’re so funny. Wait. (After, she has composed herself for about a minute or more.) Yes, I really love corn. I am not afraid to fart after because I am human. And it is human to fart. (Then she laughs again and starts speaking in Korean how funny I am.)

Giselle: Minji, I heard that your grandmother Gong Okjin is a famous dancer in Korea. Did she teach you her moves which is the reason why you dance so well?

Minji: My grandmother is too old to teach me to dance but she gives me advice. She told me to practice always so I will dance perfect.

Giselle: CL, you are known to be the fiercest and baddest female. If you were given a chance to edit your music video “Go Away,” how would you edit it?

CL: If I had a chance to edit my video, I would not let my boyfriend beat me up and I would not die in the end of the video.

Giselle: Now that’s the fierce CL I know! Dara, in your video “Kiss,” you had a chance to team up with “Boys Over Flowers” actor Lee MinHo. Did you get to forge a friendship with the Korean superstar?

Dara: No, we really did not talk to each other. I was very shy. He is very, very popular in Korea.

All dolled up

After the interviews, 2NE1 and I parted ways to prepare for our concert. Yes, OURS, because I was part of the front-act, hahahaha!

I dolled up like 2NE1 (I had to dig my closet for my old costumes when I was their age!) and donned Sandara’s hairdo in her music video “Lollipop” with 2NE1. It was pretty painful because you needed a stick and stick it to your skull!

On the night of the concert, Techy Romantics opened the show followed by Christian Bautista who dedicated his song “The Way You Look At Me” to Sandara Park. Contrary to his anticipation, the crowd was very gracious and my scream meter swept up to 10 in his act.

It was my turn, Pulp concert producer Vernon Go and his wife Happee decided to lift me up the hydraulic lift where 2NE1 would enter and use their song “Can’t Nobody” to create the illusion that “Sandara Park” was the one to come out. The fans started to stand up. 

My scream meter burst as the scream meter couldn’t account for the screams anymore because the notch was only up to 10! When I screamed with them, they started to laugh and screamed again. I got a lot of retweets with my name saying, “Napeke ako ni @GiselleXanchez” and “@GiselleXanchez was hilarious.” 

I would like to use this column to thank all the 2NE1 fans, especially the Pinoy Blackjacks, (2NE1’s biggest fan group in the Philippines for being so gracious with their applause, screams and laughter. Those who wish to view my performance can Google: “Giselle funny appearance in 2NE1 concert.” Or click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KE5TStL_9I&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

Bloomfields followed and Callalily performed five songs. I kept on laughing because the lead singer Kean Cipriano was wearing pants that had the anti-theft tag of the department store in it. I was wondering if he stole the pants for fun or the cashier got star-struck and forgot to take it out. It was the latter. 

The Philippine All-stars amazed the fans with their hip hop moves and 2ne1 followed with screams that hurt my eardrums. They performed their hit songs like “Fire,” “I Don’t Care,” “Can’t Nobody,” “Clap your Hands,” “Go Away,” “Please Don’t Go,” “Lonely” and “In or Out.”

Source: Manila Bulletin

No comments:

Post a Comment