Friday, June 24, 2011

2NE1'S Cyworld Interview for their new Digital Single, "I'm The Best"

Hello~ All the members of Cyworld~!

2NE1 is back with exciting club tune, “I Am The Best.”

After a long time, we are finally back, we really appreciate your patience in waiting for us~^^

Please introduce your newest single “I Am The Best.”

CL: “I Am The Best” is a song by Teddy-oppa, who is one of YG’s producers. It’s very different from our previous song, “Lonely,” in that it shows a different color of 2NE1. From the title, you can already feel that it is provocative, and the lyrics are empowering, it’s a really exciting song that is quite similar to our debut single, “Fire.”

Dara: We also have the choreography that’s called “The Best Dance” ~ We practiced really hard for the dance, so our actions would come out better? I showed a bit of how I looked like during I Am The Best practice, so it’s a lot of fun~ Please give us a lot of expectations~!

You will be coming back after a long time, what are your plans for “I Am The Best” activities?

CL: It’s been a long time eve since we did broadcast activities, so we are looking forward to meeting everyone again through our single! Then in July, our mini-album would be released, then 2NE1′s solo concert on August 27 and 28!!! This summer, we really expect to be active.
Please tell us what 2NE1 song is the most meaningful to you.

[Dara's Recommended Song] For me, it’s “Fire!” This is our debut song, and also, it’s more meaningful, I think, because through this song, we got to meet our fans for the first time

[Park Bom's Recommended Song] It’s my solo that was revealed a while ago! It’s “Don’t Cry.” It showed me that I have a lot of fans, so everyone, thank you so much for giving me a lot of love!

[Minji's Recommended Song] The one that received so much love ~ “I Don’t Care” it means a lot to me when people sing and follow us when we sing it because it shows that they love it too!

[CL's Recommended Song] It’s been a while since we did any activities, so instead of recommending a past song, I’d go with “I Am The Best.” It’s been 9 months since we met the fans directly, so this would be quite meaningful!
As a singer, who is your role model? Please recommend their music also.

[Dara's Role Model - Uhm Jung Hwa] Whether it’s on stage or work ethics or portraying a new look, my role model has always been Uhm Jung Hwa sunbae (T/N: Sunbae = senior). Whether she’s acting or singing, this rabbit never fails to feel excited and think highly of her, and I try to never miss out on anything new. I would like to recommend her collaboration with YG, the song, “D.I.S.C.O.”

[Parl Bom's Role Model - Beyonce] On stage, she exudes such charisma and powerful vocals, and she always amazes the audience with her brilliant performances. I really think that she’s the perfect artist. From her new songs, I’d recomment her single, “The Best I Never Had.”

[Minji's Role Model - Michael Jackson] Michael Jackson, do I need to say anything more? The name alone is already a legend, Michael Jackson will always be my rolemodel. My recommended song would be “Thriller.”

[CL's Role Model - Madonna] She has her own phiosophy and originality, and she always looks passionately to try out something new, so I look up to her. For my recommended song, it’s “Celebration,” which is a collaboration between her and Akon.

Source: Cyworld
Translated by:
WeLoveDara & OhDara 
Credits: 21Bangs

No comments:

Post a Comment