Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lorde says she likes 2NE1 + wants to collaborate with Lee Hi

Popular teenage artist Lorde, who is best known for her hit song "Royals," had previously said she would like to write lyrics for a K-Pop group.  She further showed her interest in K-Pop during an interview with Universal Music.  

She said, "Personally, I really like K-Pop groups.  I particularly like the musician Lee Hi.  I want to try a collaboration with Lee Hi.  I also like 2NE1."  She even sang a little bit of Lee Hi's "1,2,3,4."

Lorde, who is the same age as Lee Hi, explained her reasons for liking K-Pop: "It is because their melodies and songs are very interesting.  Their melodies are a lot more charming than the Western pop which I grew up listening to.  If it is pop music, it should be to that extent."

She continued, "If I get the chance, I definitely want to go to Korea and meet everyone.  I hope that my present album has music that holds significance to everyone."

Credits: Allkpop

No comments:

Post a Comment